The Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (ORIP) is located at—
One Democracy Plaza, Suite 902
6701 Democracy Boulevard
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4877
Local Public Transit and Shuttle Service
Visitors using the Metro subway system can reach ORIP by taking the Red Line to—
- Medical Center Metro station. This station exits onto the main NIH Campus. It is served by the NIH Shuttle (Rockledge Route), which provides service to Democracy Plaza. View Information on the NIH Campus Shuttle.
- Grosvenor-Strathmore Metro station. This station is the closest to One Democracy Plaza; however, it is about 2.5 miles distant. Visitors may want to plan on using a taxi or other car service for the last leg.
Airport and Train Services
Out-of-area visitors can reach ORIP via Amtrak train service to Union Station and via three airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (about 18 miles)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (about 22 miles)
- Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) (about 36 miles)
Metro’s Red Line serves Union Station and Reagan National. Metro's Silver Line, which connects to the Red Line, serves Dulles. Several options for ground transportation from BWI to the Washington Metro area are available.
Driving and Parking Directions
A commercially operated visitor parking lot is located directly east of the building. Customers of the lot are prompted to take a ticket upon entry and will submit the ticket in the dispenser upon exit. Credit cards are the only accepted payment method for the parking lot.